- 30-May-2014 to 29-Jul-2020 (PST)
- Medical Provider Staff
- Grand Forks, ND, USA
- Full Time
Aurora Clinic offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package comprehensive of health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement account and malpractice/liability insurance.
Applicants must possess a current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license in the State of North Dakota or have the ability to obtain licensure to practice in the State of North Dakota.
Aurora Clinic, located on the Aurora Medical Services Campus, is currently recruiting for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team. The Nurse Practitioner candidate selected for this position will see patients seeking dermatology care and/or family medical care. If you are looking for a change or considering something new and would like to work in a supportive environment with opportunities for growth this is a great opportunity for you.
Aurora Clinic is an independent clinic with a mission of providing Family Medical Care with a very personal touch. Our family-oriented Clinic practices full-spectrum traditional Family Medicine, seeing patients of all ages.
Duties of this position include:
- Determines and assess the health status of patients by reviewing records, taking comprehensive medical histories, and performing physical examinations; record findings
- Initiate, performs and directs other nurses to perform screening and diagnostic tests, including blood draws, cultures, skin tests, and other procedures appropriate for the patient's condition
- Perform routine laboratory work and other tests, and interprets results; explain results to the patient
- Plans and oversees on-going treatment and clinical management of patients in stable phases of chronic illness, and general health maintenance of non-chronic, non acute patients
- Informs, counsels and instructs individuals and families on their specific health problems, test results, and general health related matters such as nutrition, birth control, social behavior, growth and development, aging and substance abuse
- Acts as a clinical consultant to medical and nursing health care professionals; consults and confers with a wide variety of health and related care providers
- Consults with physicians regarding patient's conditions, diagnosis, treatment plan, medication orders and need for specialty are; keeps physician advised of patient status as necessary
- Utilize prescriptive privileges according to proper clinical care and standards of practice
- Recognize situations requiring physician care, such as acute conditions requiring immediate attention, changes in chronic conditions, indications of early stages of chronic conditions, mental and emotional disturbances, and communicable disease cases; consults with and makes referral appointments with physicians for patients
- Initiate necessary emergency interventions when necessary
- Prepares and maintains complete and accurate chars, case files, records and other documents
- Provide family-centered care by communicating with the family regarding health condition and care needs of their infant, child, or family member.
- Performs related duties as required