- 13-Aug-2015 to 12-Oct-2020 (PST)
- Medical Provider Staff
- Grand Forks, ND, USA
- Full Time
Center for Psychiatric Care offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package comprehensive of health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement account and malpractice/liability insurance.
Applicants must possess a current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license in the State of North Dakota or have the ability to obtain licensure to practice in the State of North Dakota. Candidate must also possess or have the ability to obtain DEA number for prescribing medications. Psychiatric experience is highly desirable.
Center for Psychiatric Care, located on the Aurora Medical Services Campus, is currently recruiting for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team. Center for Psychiatric Care is an outpatient psychiatric clinic providing a full spectrum of psychiatric care in the region for more than fifteen years. Work with an outstanding multidisciplinary clinical team to provide psychiatric services to Children, Adolescents, Adults and Geriatric patients. This unique practice opportunity will also provide inpatient psychiatric services to an affilliated hospital providing psychiatric and substance abuse treatment.
Duties of this position include:
- Formulates an initial diagnosis and treatment plan for individuals with common mental health problems
- Provide mental health care to patients with a psychiatric diagnosis
- Take medical histories, handle crisis response, administer medication and medication injections, and direct mental health services, as required
- Serves as part of multidisciplinary treatment team to develop and implement individualized and measurable treatment goals and modalities for each patient
- Develops working relationship with physician and primary care providers
- Evaluates complaints of an acute and chronic nature
- Monitors changes of patients with persistent mental illness
- Initiates and completes all relevant documentation within organizational time frames
- Provides support, psychotherapy and supportive counseling with patients in regards to psychosocial, environmental, and physical well-being
- Provides health education material for patients, caregivers and family, as well as staff
- Performs related duties as required