- 12-Jan-2017 to 13-Mar-2021 (PST)
- Outpatient Nursing
- Fargo, ND, USA
- Full Time
Center for Psychiatric Care offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package comprehensive of paid vacation, paid holidays, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a retirement account.
Duties would include taking vitals for patients, communicating with patients over the phone and in person, all general nursing psychiatric nursing duties and performing blood draws for labs to be run as necessary. Applicants must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Minnesota and the State of North Dakota or have the ability to become licensed in the State of Minnesota and the State of North Dakota.
Center for Psychiatric Care, part of the Aurora Medical Services Campus, is currently recruiting for a Licensed Practical Nurse to join our team at our Fargo, ND location. Center for Psychiatric Care is an outpatient psychiatric clinic providing a full spectrum of psychiatric care in the region for more than fifteen years. Work with an outstanding multidisciplinary clinical team to provide psychiatric services to Children, Adolescents, Adults and Geriatric patients.
Duties of this position include:
- Implement nursing care according to the priority of needs and established practices under the direction of Psychiatrists, Physician Assistant, and Nurse Practitioner (mid-levels);
- Prepares and documents medication administration according to established policies and procedures, including documentation and reporting of medication errors and adverse drug events;
- Schedule medication management appointments;
- Update client medication information when changes are made and enter into patient's record;
- Effectively communicate with insurance companies, psychiatrists, mid-levels, and pharmacies;
- Catalog, inventory, and order medical clinic supplies;
- Perform a wide variety of clerical support duties for the clinical team;
- Calls family members/guardians for approval with medication changes;
- Provides therapeutic intervention and support to patients in regards to psychosocial, environmental, and physical well-being;
- Contributes to the ongoing assessment of the patient/family/guardians educational needs and collaborates with the psychiatrists and mid-levels to meet those needs;
- Protect confidential information unless obligated by law to disclose the information;
- Recognize and protect patient's rights;
- Initiates and completes all relevant documentation within organizational time frames;
- Follows chain of command for conflict resolution; and
- Performs related duties as required